Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19

Prince Charles has tested positive for COVID-19, his office Clarence House announced Thursday.

This is the second time the British heir to the throne has contracted the disease.

“This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating,” a palace spokesperson announced on Thursday, adding that the 73-year-old has canceled his planned engagements for later today.

“HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today’s events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible,” the office revealed.

PRINCE CHARLES ‘IS OVER THE MOON’ THAT QUEEN ELIZABETH SUPPORTS CAMILLA AS QUEEN CONSORT: SOURCE

Charles previously tested positive in March 2020. He spent seven days in isolation at his Scotland estate before resuming his royal duties.

At the time, Charles was showing mild symptoms for the disease. His wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, tested negative.

“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus,” Clarence House said at the time. “[He] otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales attend a reception to celebrate the British Asian Trust at the British Museum on February 9, 2022, in London, England. The British Asian Trust, a charity that works to reduce poverty and disadvantage for communities in South Asia, was founded in 2007 by Prince Charles, Prince of Wales. 

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales attend a reception to celebrate the British Asian Trust at the British Museum on February 9, 2022, in London, England. The British Asian Trust, a charity that works to reduce poverty and disadvantage for communities in South Asia, was founded in 2007 by Prince Charles, Prince of Wales. 
(Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)

On Wednesday evening, Charles and Camilla attended a reception to celebrate the British Asian Trust, a charity founded by the prince in 2007 to support disadvantaged communities in South Asia. During the event at the British Museum in London, Charles praised the organization’s accomplishments during the pandemic.

“It is fair, I think, to say that it has been when truly tested that the Trust has shown its most outstanding qualities of resilience and commitment to helping people across South Asia,” said Charles, as quoted by his official Instagram page.

“When the pandemic first hit us, the Trust launched an Emergency Appeal to support migrant workers and those most in need across the region,” he shared. “I was delighted to be able to give my own support, together with so many in the diaspora, to help over 150,000 people.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Prince Charles previously tested positive for COVID-19 in March 2020.

Prince Charles previously tested positive for COVID-19 in March 2020.
(Getty          )

In Feb. 2021, Charles and Camilla, 74, received their first vaccine, the BBC reported. It wasn’t known which vaccine the royals received or whether they were vaccinated together. In June 2020, the prince told NHS staff that he had not fully regained his sense of smell and test two months after having the disease, the outlet shared.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.